Prof. Borgenheimer, MFA, is a Miami-based certified interpreter / translator and interpreter trainer. She has been a university professor for 30 years and a professor of Translation and Interpretation at Florida International University (FIU) for the past 16 years.
Ms. Borgenheimer has had extensive interpreter training with the University of Arizona’s Agnese Haury Institute for Interpretation and the Sampere Escuela de Traductores e Intérpretes in Madrid, Spain, where she lived and worked for nearly a decade. She later obtained a professional certificate in Legal Translation and Court Interpreting at FIU.
In addition to years of experience interpreting in the judicial system, Karen has been the official interpreter for Spanish dignitaries, Latin American presidents, the U.S. Department of Defense, Homeland Security, Southern Command, the Miss Universe Pageant and countless conferences.
• Doctoral Coursework – University of Wisconsin, Madison
• Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Translation – University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) Spanish – University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
• Legal Translation & Court Interpreting Program – Florida International University, Miami
• National Center for Interpretation, University of Arizona
• Sampere Escuela de Traductores e Intérpretes – Madrid, Spain